Sunday, October 29, 2006

Some Crap...

"What is real? How do you define real? If you're talking about your senses, what you feel, taste, smell, or see, then all you're talking about are electrical signals interpreted by your brain." - This is the dialogue that I had used to start my seminar on virtual reality during my college days. Of course, this is not an original; but lifted out of 'The Matrix' movie... I was watching that movie today for some time and dialogue between Neo and Oracle goes like this - ORACLE: I'd ask you to sit down, but you're not going to anyway. And don't worry about the vase. NEO: What vase?
He turns to look around and his elbow knocks a VASE from the table. It BREAKS against the linoleum floor. ORACLE: The vase.
NEO: Shit, I'm sorry. ORACLE: I said don't worry about it. I'll get one of my kids to fix it.
NEO: How did you know...?
ORACLE: What's really going to bake your noodle later on is, would you still have broken it if I hadn't said anything. [Courtesy: imsdb.com]
What would have happen, if oracle had not told neo about that vase? He would not have turned around and he would not have broken it. I guess that is the reason for people believing in palmistry, astrology and all. They will hear about some thing from some one and they take their decisions based on that, which in turn will lead his life into the same route that was told to him. And this will prove that whatever was predicted to him has come true...
Or some times it might happen that down the years you will start to relate things that are happening now to the old prophecy. Either way the belief of the person in things like palmistry and astrology will increase. I also like some one saying things that will happen to me in future. It is very interesting...
Last week my roommate was saying that he has started to find that the Today's Fortune which is shown in orkut is saying the truth. He gave me an example that, one day it said "Good news will come through mail". And guess what, he got his extension of US permit on that day itself via UPS. What a coincidence!!!
Now I was just thinking that what matters in this world is the perspective. If you have the right perspective, then you can see only positive things happening around you...
Confused? I am good at confusing people. That is the way to look at that in a positive manner. I could have told that I am not good at explaining things clearly to people.
Another thing that I had noticed is that we have to put a conscious effort to achieve most of the things in this world. ie, If I have to be bold, then I need to pull up my socks and say to myself that I am brave. And venture into things that you are scared of. For example, when I did sky diving, I was so scared that my face was totally pale. But once I was in the middle of it, I started to enjoy it. So that fear is out of my way. That is what my best friend used to say to me- "Just believe that you will be able to do it and I bet you will do it..."
I am stopping this here before you people start breaking your monitors, I am not very good at philosophy... :-))
I just remembered one more thing that puzzled me when I was a kid. The people in TV used to talk to me. I mean how do they know that I am watching this program when they say thanks for being with us??? You think I was an Idiot then? Well, I would like to think about it as my ability to think like that rather than just enjoying what is shown in the TV. See, I told you I am a positive guy :-)) ok, I am stopping...

No comments: