Thursday, February 14, 2008

Inspirational...

There are occassions in life when you feel all helpless and suddenly a small stroke of luck or, what I would like to call, "Divine intervention" will get us out of that tight spot...

I travelled back to India on 1st of February and that was a day with some of the worst winter weather in Rochester that I happened to see. I woke up that day listening to some sounds like small rocks falling on the glass windows. I looked outside to see small pieces of ice falling instead of snow or rain. I am not sure if this is called Hailstorm or this was something else...

I completed my packing and called the airlines to see if there is any delay in my flight to NY and the news that I got was that the flight was cancelled. I was confused for a moment or two. Then I decided to go to Airport and confirm it there rather than sitting at home. So I started early...

I was given the same news by the person on the check in counter and she told that they have flights to NY only tomorrow and they are making reservations for me tomorrow. And they gave me a number for AIR-INDIA as my connection flight was of AIR-INDIA...

The best thing about that moment was that I did not panic or decide to go home straightaway. I thought I will confirm everything for tomorrow rightaway and only after that I will get out of Airport. I started calling the number for AIR-INDIA...

And here comes the best part. That number was not working. So I decided to go back to the counter and this time there was another lady standing there. I told her that the number is not working. So she started looking for another number and there was nothing...

Then, I don't know why, may be because of the goodness of her heart or her commitment to a customer, she started looking for some options. And she found another flight to NY by the same airlines for the same day. She straightaway put me into that and my joy knew no bounds...

I was totally blown away by such a simple but very helpful act from that lady and I did not know how to thank her...

I just hope and pray that I am also able to do such deeds and help others in future whenever I find someone in distress...

4 comments:

ശ്രീ said...

കൊള്ളാം. നല്ല അനുഭവം തന്നെ. അവസാനം എടുത്ത തീരുമാനത്തിന് 100 മാര്‍ക്ക്. നമുക്കു ചെയ്യാനാകുന്ന ചെറിയ സഹായം പോലും ചിലപ്പോള്‍ മറ്റുള്ളവര്‍ക്ക് വലിയ ഉപകാരമായേക്കും.
:)

Arun Jose Francis said...

നന്ദി, ശ്രീ!
അങ്ങനെ മറ്റുള്ളവര്‍ക്ക്‌ ഉപകാരം ചെയ്യുക എന്നത് കുറച്ചു ബുദ്ധിമുട്ടുള്ള കാര്യം ആണ്. കുറച്ചെങ്കിലും ചെയ്യാന്‍ പറ്റിയാല്‍ നന്ന്...

Alameen said...

Good decision dude.. Many a time in this rat race we tend to forget the good support others provided..

Nice to read someone appreciating that with an inspiring blog.

Three Cheers
Al

Arun Jose Francis said...

Thanks for the kind words, Alameen!